Appearance is not the only benefit of wearing Invisalign® for straighter teeth, since straighter teeth can also benefit one's oral health. In fact crooked teeth can trap food between them and lead to infection or bite issues. At Paramus Dental Arts, we offer Invisalign® as a treatment for patients interested in discreetly straightening their teeth.
Invisalign® is a series of clear aligner trays that cover the teeth, similar to a retainer or mouth guard, but are much more discreet. At least every two weeks or so, the patient will switch to the next set in the series of Invisalign trays. With the custom aligners for each patient, Invisalign® will gradually push the teeth into the right position without causing significant amounts of pain.
How does Invisalign® work?
As an Invisalign® dentist, our team straightens teeth using a series of aligners. First, an impression of your teeth is taken so that a series of aligners can be created in a dental lab. The aligners themselves are made out of a thermoplastic material that is strong and at the same time flexible in order to be comfortable when worn for long periods of time. The material is virtually invisible.
The aligners should be worn for 22 hours a day and every two weeks; they need to be switched out with the next one in the series. Over a period of months, the aligners will slowly move teeth into place, making one minor adjustment at a time that is targeted to specific teeth. This helps your teeth to be comfortable as they are moved into position at a manageable pace. Once you are done wearing your aligners, your teeth should be perfectly straight.
Benefits of Invisalign®
- Patients may prefer wearing Invisalign® because of how convenient it is in comparison to wearing traditional braces.
- The aligners are clear so no one can tell you are straightening your teeth.
- They are only worn for 22 hours a day so you can take them out to eat dinner, go on a date, or make an important presentation at work.
- You can brush and floss your teeth like normal, and no additional tools are required.
- There is less of a risk that your teeth will become stained as compared with wearing metal braces that can be difficult to clean.
- The procedure is more comfortable than metal braces since the aligners move teeth into place slowly and only focus on a few teeth at a time.
- Aligners are easy to take care of, and you only use the same aligner for a couple of weeks.
How do I care for my aligners?
We recommend that patients remove their aligner and rinse it with warm water on a daily basis. You may also want to brush them with a soft toothbrush.
Some patients need to wear attachments or ridges in order to ensure that their teeth move into place perfectly. An attachment is a clear bump that is made of an enamel colored composite and secured to the teeth. Bumps on your aligners will grip them in order to hold the aligner in place. Ridges work in a similar way only an indent is created instead of a raised bump. This can be necessary for more complicated cases to ensure that a particular tooth, or several teeth, move into place like they should.
Paramus, New Jersey Invisalign Dentist
Patients will need to see us for checkups to ensure that teeth are moving like they are supposed to. Fortunately, since the aligners are made at the beginning of the procedure, these appointments are less frequent than if you were wearing metal braces. With traditional braces, a metal bracket is placed on each tooth, and a wire is threaded between them then held in place using rubber bands. The wires need to be adjusted on a regular basis in order to keep teeth moving in the right direction. This requires frequent office visits. For people with busy schedules and a hectic life – this is inconvenient, and any delay in appointment scheduling can prolong the timeframe that braces need to be worn for. As an Invisalign® dentist, we see patients less frequently because the checkups are not to adjust anything, just to make sure that the procedure is working. This is far more convenient for patients throughout the Paramus area.
For most patients living in the Paramus NJ area, the procedure takes around twelve months. The exact timeframe will depend on your situation, and only our team can tell you how long they will need to be worn. Overall, the treatment time can be less than with metal braces. This is in part because you do not have to schedule appointments to keep your teeth moving. Simply pull out a new aligner.
Finding an Invisalign® Dentist
Not all dentists offer Invisalign®. You have to receive special training in order to provide it to patients. To learn if the procedure is right for you, schedule an appointment with our Paramus Dental Arts office by calling (201) 845-5533.
How will Invisalign® impact my life?
Unlike wearing traditional braces, Invisalign® will not make a major impact on your quality of life. Since the aligners are clear, it will not impact your appearance. Additionally, since they only need to be worn for 22 hours a day, they will not interfere with eating. This is a huge advantage because you can eat your favorite plate of ribs, go out for a romantic date, eat a caramel apple without worrying about something becoming stuck in your teeth or a wire being pulled out of place. This time also allows you to take the aligner out when having an important conversation or making a presentation at work. Overall, this is a convenient way to straighten your teeth and provides the maximum level of flexibility.
Some people are concerned about whether or not wearing an aligner will impact their speech. Most of our Paramus patients tell us that they have to get used to wearing aligners after the first couple of days. Sometimes, patients have a slight lisp which goes away once they become used to speaking while wearing them. This is standard with any orthodontic procedure but fortunately; most people can speak normally within a couple of days.
Check out what others are saying about our Invisalign® services on Yelp: Invisalign® Paramus
To begin, we will need to conduct a consultation and examination. This examination will involve reviewing the patient's medical history, current state of health, any pre-existing conditions or prescribed medications we need to know about and the position of the patient's teeth. We will then take a mold of the patient's teeth and measurements. With all of this information, we will send it to the lab to create the Invisalign® trays.
After creating the trays, we will then meet with the patient to ensure that they fit and that the patient understands all of the steps in the straightening process. It is important that the patient understand a few key factors about wearing Invisalign® on a regular basis.
Wearing the aligners for at least 22 hours per day
While the patient can remove Invisalign® trays when necessary, the patient will want to keep them in as much as possible. The longer the patient does not wear the trays for, the longer the entire process will take. Patients need to remove the aligner trays when eating and to brush the teeth.
Patients can also remove the aligner trays to play in a sports game, give a presentation, go on a date, or while taking a photo. It is important to at least rinse the mouth after eating to keep food from getting caught in the teeth.
Staying on schedule
Since we do not need to adjust Invisalign® aligners at our office as one might need to adjust braces, patients do not need to make as many checkup appointments. In fact, by customizing the aligner trays, we do not need to have the patient come in for regular orthodontic checkups.
The patient will be able to continue through each aligner tray and follow a schedule with no surprises. By following the schedule, the patient's teeth will continue to move into the proper position without pain.
Keep up regular oral hygiene
While wearing Invisalign®, patients will not have to brush and floss between brackets with difficulty. In fact, the patient will be able to brush and floss as normal by just removing the aligner trays. However, it is crucial that the patient brush after each meal to keep food from sticking between the teeth.
Food that is stuck in the teeth can also damage the aligners. It is important that patients do not wear the aligners while drinking soda or other beverages while wearing Invisalign® aligners. We recommend that patients only keep the aligners in when drinking water.
Customized for your teeth
We customize the Invisalign® aligners to fit the patient's teeth and then use programming technology to digitally map out the projected rate of movement for the patient. We will then build the rest of the clear aligners in the series. Each new set of aligners will be a bit closer to the correct position for straight teeth.
With a customized straightening treatment, patients do not need to worry about the aligners falling out or being loose. Since there is no one-size-fits-all treatment, we make sure that the trays are the right fit for each patient.
Discreet, efficient and easy to use
Invisalign® aligner trays are nearly invisible to the point that few people will notice them unless the individual mentions wearing them. Patients will not have to feel embarrassed by wearing traditional metal braces or a mess of wires in their mouth on a regular basis. Invisalign® allows for the patient to receive the straight smile they desire without the maintenance of going through braces treatment.
Patients will be able to feel confident in their smile during the straightening process. If you are interested in Invisalign® treatment, give us a call today and schedule an appointment. We will help you obtain the straight smile you have always wanted.
How do I get started with Invisalign®?
Call (201) 845-5533??? and schedule a consultation with Dr. Olga Degtyareva.
Experience the transformative journey to a straighter, more confident smile with Clear aligners, such as CandidPro. These innovative aligners leverage the power of clear plastic to gradually and discreetly reposition your teeth over time. This modern approach serves as a compelling alternative to traditional braces, offering enhanced comfort and affordability.
Our admiration for Candid's clear aligner system lies in its exceptional convenience for our patients. Unlike conventional orthodontic treatments, this advanced system typically necessitates only two in-office appointments, streamlining the orthodontic process for a more efficient and comfortable experience.
Embark on a path to a beautifully aligned smile with the seamless combination of technology and personalized care that CandidPro clear aligners provide. Discover the benefits of a more convenient, comfortable, and budget-friendly orthodontic solution tailored to your unique needs.
Benefits of CandidPro Clear Aligners:
- Subtle Transformation: CandidPro aligners discreetly straighten teeth, offering a subtle transformation.
- Clear and Comfortable: Made of clear plastic, CandidPro aligners are comfortable and aesthetically pleasing.
- Modern Alternative: A contemporary solution to traditional braces, CandidPro offers a modern alternative for orthodontic treatment.
- Enhanced Comfort: Experience orthodontic care with enhanced comfort compared to traditional braces.
- Affordable Solution: CandidPro Clear Aligners provide an affordable option for achieving a beautifully aligned smile.
- Two In-Office Appointments: With typically only two in-office appointments required, CandidPro ensures convenience for patients.
- Efficient Orthodontic Process: Streamlined processes make CandidPro's orthodontic treatment efficient and less time-consuming.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Benefit from state-of-the-art technology integrated seamlessly for optimal results.
- Personalized Treatment: CandidPro aligners are designed for personalized care, catering to individual needs.
- Beautiful Results: Embark on a journey toward a beautifully aligned smile with CandidPro Clear Aligners.
At Paramus Dental Arts we welcome your questions. If you would like to learn more about CandidPro and what it can do for you, call (201) 845-5533 to schedule an appointment to meet Dr. Olga Degtyareva at our Paramus dental office.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Invisalign® Terminology
- Aligner Trays
- With Invisalign® treatment, the patient will receive a series of aligner trays and swap out each one for the next one in the series every two weeks in order to gradually straighten the teeth.
- Blue Compliance Indicator (Invisalign® Teen)
- The blue compliance indicator is a small blue dot on the aligners that will fade from blue to clear in order to indicate if the patient is wearing the aligner for the proper amount of time and where the patient is in the Invisalign® process.
- ClinCheck® Software
- ClinCheck® software allows professionals to map out the straightening process the patient’s teeth will go through with Invisalign® in great detail.
- Gum Line
- The gum line is the line in the mouth where the teeth and gums meet. If a patient struggles with gum recession, then the gum tissue around the teeth may begin to wear away.
- Incisal Ridges
- Incisal ridges are the portion of the crown of the tooth that makes up the incisal portion and can be a direct cause of overbite if they are extended too far.
- iTero Element® Scanner
- An iTero Element® scanner allows professionals to create a 3D image of the patient’s teeth in minutes and predict what it will take to move the teeth into proper alignment.
- Malocclusion is the condition in which the upper and lower teeth do not meet properly when the bite is closed. Conditions of malocclusion can include overbite, underbite, crossbite and open bite; all of which are treatable with Invisalign®.
- An overbite is a type of malocclusion that occurs when the upper teeth jut out over the lower teeth, covering them and causing other issues.
- Polyurethane Resin
- Polyurethane Resin is a USP Class VI medical grade, high molecular weight compound that makes up the Invisalign® aligners.
- SmartForce Attachments
- SmartForce attachments are small attachments that professionals place on the patient’s teeth before placing aligners to help move the teeth.
- Smart Track® Material
- Smart Track® material is in Invisalign® aligners to increase comfort, improve control of movement, increases the speed of treatment and applies a gentle force to the teeth over time.
- Smile-Scan analyzes the way a patient smiles by measuring the position of the mouth and eyes before giving a score.
- Vivera® Retainers
- Vivera® retainers are a type of retainer that consists of clear plastic material and helps to maintain orthodontic corrections after a treatment.